338

A Blog for ISYS338 -- Information Technology in Global Society.


http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/04/windows-7-to-arrive-next-year-says-bill-gates/

According to a “super-enthused” Bill Gates Windows 7 is apparently due “in the next year”. Surprising seeing as Vista hasn’t been out for terribly long.

A lot of people are naturally unhappy about this. They just got Vista and now they’re going to have to fork over money again next year for Windows 7? There have been a lot of complaints about Vista though to be fair there were a lot of complaints about XP when it first came out. The XP complaints were similar to the Vista complaints of now. Why switch from the familiar to an untested, prettier OZ?

Speculations! Bill Gates could just be talking about beta versions. Vista was a pretty big overhaul of the Windows OS, I don’t think Windows 7 will be another (but of course now that I’ve said so the ever changing world of information systems will probably prove me wrong if only just on principle). Windows 7 will likely be an extension of Vista, the way it should have been.

If I am wrong though and this is true it shows that Microsoft is probably not very committed to Vista. I haven’t switched to Vista yet but I think I’ll give it a pass (like I did WindowsME). I’m curious though, why the rush job on the next version of Windows? Appeasing shareholders supposedly is one reason but I hope that’s not it. And what’s going to happen to WinFS?

0 Responses to “Windows 7 to arrive next year, says Bill Gates”

Post a Comment